Updated January 27, 2014
IMPORTANT: If this is the first time you have logged into a Tufts wiki, please first go to the Spark home page ( https://spark.uit.tufts.edu/ ) and log in there with your Tufts user name and password. Then close your internet browser, then open a new browser window and go to the Intro GIS course Student Work Zone .
ALSO IMPORTANT! Do NOT use Internet Explorer when doing the following steps! Use Firefox or Google Chrome .
You always need to log in to create and edit pages. Click on
View – Account – Log In
log in with your UTLN user name and your password
Student Work Zone page
, click on the
- In the field where it says “New Page” enter your last name as your work zone t itle . Don’t hit save yet!
Click on the
link (circled below). This takes you into the “Wiki Markup” version of the text entry box.
- In the Wiki Markup text entry window, type in the text you see below - including the brackets you see below ( not parentheses! ):
- this macro will make a link to your children pages (sub-pages) automatically appear.
- When finished press SAVE , and your work zone, titled with your last name, will appear in the list on the Student Work Zones page.
- Assuming you are in your new personal work zone page, to add a page for an assignment, click on Add > Page.
- Give the new assignment page a title (e.g. "Assignment 1 - Jones" )
- Click on the Wiki Markup tab (make sure you are in the Wiki Markup tab!!)
- Type in the text you see below - including the brackets shown (to make your attachments appear)
- Press SAVE when finished!
The action above creates an assignment page to which you can add your assignment as an attachment (e.g., a word processing document, a PDF or graphic files.
Assuming you have written up your assignment as a word document or PDF, you can attach them to your assignment page.
- To do this, first make sure you are on the assignment page to which you want to attach your document (e.g., Assignment 1 – Parmenter)
- Click on Add – Attachment
- Click on Choose File and browse for the file you want to attach
- Click on Attach File when you are ready to upload it
Your assignment file should be displayed in its proper Assignment page.
By default, your student space is publicly accessible. You may restrict viewing of your page to the instructor and TA, to the class, or to any Tufts user. We prefer you either don’t restrict it or you restrict it to Tufts users, so that future classes can view your work. But the choice is yours as long as But if you prefer to restrict viewing, here is what you do::
- Navigate to your Assignment page, and click on Edit
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see a Restrictions: EDIT box
- Click on the EDIT box
- Choose the Restrict Viewing of this page option
- Click on Choose me
In the space for
Enter user/group name(s):
- Choose the option for ME to ensure you will be able to view it
- To restrict it to all Tufts users, enter confluence-users , then press Restrict
- To restrict it to only the teaching team, write the names for the instructors and teaching assistant one by one, pressing Restrict each time
- After they all appear in the list, click on Update .
- Also, we can make it so that others in the class can view it – we have a group class name you can enter. Please e-mail the instructor for that name.