You can download these instructions as a PDF here.
Create an individual work zone (also called a "page" or "child" - see the "children" below) that will contain your assignments (e.g., see the Parmenter Demo below), then create sub-page for each assignment, e.g., Assignment 1 - Parmenter).
- To create your individual work zone, first click on the Student Work Zone - Intro GIS Spring 2008 page (don't do this on this page of instructions!)
- When you are in that Student Work Zone page, click on the Edit menu, then select - New - Page. Give it your last name as a Title. You may type other information in there if you like. When finished press SAVE, and it will automatically appear in the list in the Student Work Zone page.
- To add a page for an assignment, click on your individual work zone page first, then click on Edit - New - Page. Give the new assignment page a title something like "Assignment 1 - Yourname". There are then two ways you can add your work:
- You can start typing the assignment directly onto this page typing in the area under the Rich Text tab just as you would in a word processor. Press Save when finished. Note you can insert images and create web links as well.
- If you have already written the assignment as a word processing document or have it as a PDF, you you can upload it. To upload a file, first save the assignment page if you are still in editing mode - if you are not in editing mode, click on the assignment page to which you will upload it (step 2 above), then click on Edit - Attachments, browse for your file, and attach it. Then go back to editing mode (Edit - Edit this Page) and type in this macro: - this macro will make a link to your attachment(s) automatically appear. Alternatively, you could type in text and create a link to your attachment if you like.
- Press SAVE when finished!
See the Parmenter Example below for more instructions.
You should restrict editing of your page to yourself, and you may restrict viewing of your page to the instructor and TA. E-mail them if you need to know how to do this.