TechConnect is our IT Service Management (ITSM) system here at Tufts and TuftsProjects is our Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) system. There is some overlap in what the systems are designed to do so this page is designed to explain how Tufts is using each system.
Use TechConnect for . . .
- processing incidents or service request that originate from clients or IT colleagues
- submitting Requests for Change (RFCs) for changes being made to production infrastructure, applications, and services
Use TuftsProjects for . . .
- managing TTS projects both minor (directorate/department level) and major (CIO dashboard/tactical plan)
- tracking time against projects
- resource planning & management