Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Middle School Lessons
- Box of Clay Activity - Students will compare two cubic functions based on the context of the volumes of a box of clay.
- Curves in a Cubic - Students will explore different kinds of cubic functions through graphs and tables.
- Graphing Equations - Nonlinear Functions - Students write equations for three graphs and examine their slopes by comparing and contrasting the graphs. Students also look at the same functions graphed on differently scaled coordinate planes.
- What Will Happen - Students will work with equations of functions (both linear and non-linear) to find the y-intercept without graphing.
- x2 and x - Students will look at x squared and x as functions, and for which values of x one function value is greater than the other.