Students in the Intro GIS course may create sub-pages (children) in this area for submitting their assignments. Note: you have to log in to do this (log in function is under the View - Account menu) - use your UTLN user name and your e-mail password.Create an individual work zone (also called a "page" or "child" - see the "
- You can start typing the assignment directly onto this page typing in the area under the Rich Text tab just as you would in a word processor. Press Save when finished. Note you can insert images and create web links as well.
- If you have already written the assignment as a word processing document or have it as a PDF, you you can upload it. To upload a file, first save the assignment page if you are still in editing mode - if you are not in editing mode, click on the assignment page to which you will upload it (step 2 above), then click on Edit - Attachments, browse for your file, and attach it. Then go back to editing mode (Edit - Edit this Page) and type in this macro:
- this macro will make a link to your attachment automatically appear. Alternatively, you could type in text and create a link to your attachment if you like.
- Press SAVE when finished!
- Edit this Page. Attachments can be added by clicking on the appropriate page below, then clicking on Edit - Attachments.
See the Parmenter Example below for more instructions.
You should restrict editing of your page to yourself, and you may restrict viewing of your page to the instructor and TA. E-mail them if you need to know how to do this.