Welcome to Mr. Liacos' and Ms. Person's Wiki Page!
Fellows: Siddharth Gupta, Matthew Mueller, Devyn Curley, and Emily Taintor
Fellows: Kaitlyn Davis & Tucker Stone (R. Liacos) and Kenneth Westerman & Matthew Mueller (A. Person)
- Divide classroom into four groups of ~six students.
- Ask students to brainstorm the types of activity all dogs have to do each day.
- Tell students about the materials we will be providing them, and have each group
develop a design to be approved before providing materials.
- Allow students to make a wheelchair using one large PVC pipe, popsicle sticks, tape, and
- Present preliminary designs to class.
- Ask students to brainstorm the materials they would want, to redesign a wheelchair for Abby
next week in STOMP.
- COMMENTS: More materials should be provided, even in the preliminary week. Due to lack
of available materials, many of the designs looked exactly the same. Students were not
as serious about redesigning their wheelchairs for the next week as expected. Most groups
believed their designs were the best and were reluctant to change anything, even when given
the option of "ordering" their materials.
Spring 2012 - with Anna Person
Fellows: Siddharth Gupta, Josh Elliott, Alana Lustenberger, Allie Wahrenberger
- Introduction to Robotics
- Building Sturdy Structures
- Building With NXT
- Intro to Programming
- Intro to MindStorms
- Line Follower
- Paper Towers
Fellows: Zachary Cousens and Kristen Ford