This is a guide on how to manually install Xara, a piece of software used in the School of Engineering. This guide is for anyone that has to perform this installation manually; there is a package located at \\titan\software$\Engineering\Xara that contains all the necessary components and a batch file to perform the install.
- Download Xara.7z from \\titan\ldeskpackages$\Engineering\Xara
- Unzip Xara.7z to C:\Windows\Temp on target machine
- Open administrator command prompt
- Change to temporary directory utilizing cd C:\Windows\Temp\Xara
- Run MSI with transformation using following command: msiexec /i C:\Windows\Temp\Xara\Xara_Designer_Pro_X10_64Bit_en-GB_setup_x64.msi TRANSFORMS=C:\Windows\Temp\Xara\Xara10.mst
- Delete temporary folder for Xara once install is complete