To add web content to a node:
- Make sure both VUE and a Web browser is open.
- Navigate to the web page to be attached to the node.
- Position the browser so that you can see both the address bar of the browser and the map or node that the resource will be attached to in VUE.
- Drag the address icon from the Web browser to the node or map.
- Drop the icon onto the node or map. A web resource icon appears to indicate that a resource is attached.
Note that when linking to a resource retrieved from a password protected website or repository, users will need to login before accessing the linked resource.
• Hovering over the web resource icon displays the address of the resource.
• Double-clicking the web resource icon will open a new browser window with that address.
• Renaming the text on the node does not change the content attached to the node.
• Right-clicking (ctrl-click on the Mac) the web resource and selecting Edit URL... allows you to edit the URL.
Alternately, you can right-click a node and select Add URL...to add a URL directly into the node.
Note: Using this method for linking to web content will not reveal significant metadata. To learn more on how to bring into VUE an object's metadata, see "Working with Remote Resources".