A stroke is a blood clot or bleeding in the brain and is a serious medical emergency. Learn to recognize the signs of a stroke, and activate EMS immediately if you believe someone may be suffering from a stroke.
- Facial weakness - can the person smile? Has their mouth or eye drooped?
- Arm weakness - can the person raise both arms?
- Speech problems - can the person speak clearly and understand what you say?
- Time is critical - call Tufts Police at x66911 to activate EMS
- Call Tufts Police at x66911 on a campus phone or at 617.627.6911 from an off-site or cell phone to activate EMS